According to TheWrap, Sony wants Seth Rogen to play Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak in the studio’s new Steve Jobs biopic. But a source close to production told HuffPost Entertainment that Rogen didn’t even have a formal offer yet. If a deal is worked out, however, Rogen would appear opposite Christian Bale in the film. Bale was cast as Jobs earlier this month after Leonardo DiCaprio bowed out of consideration.
Finally, “Teen Wolf” has a scary friend. MTV has handed a full series order to its TV adaptation of Scream, the 1996 slasher film and subsequent box office-busting horror franchise. The series will premiere in October 2015 with 10 episodes. The co-production with Dimension TV was announced way back in May 2013 with the original announcement of a pilot order with Ravenswood writer Jill Blotevogel running the show and Jay Beattie and Dan Dworkin (Criminal Minds) penning the pilot script. The series found its cast and director (Faking It’s Jamie Travis) in August. Harvey and Bob Weinstein will executive produce alongside Wes Craven, Tony DiSanto, Liz Gateley, Marianne Maddalena, and Cathy Konrad.
The luckiest boy in the world will soon fly again. Nearly 30 years after “Pee-wee’s Big Adventure” and following several years of ongoing rumors, Paul Reubens has announced that Pee-wee Herman will officially return to the big screen. Reubens confirmed the news Wednesday on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” saying he’s written a script, hired a director and made plans to begin production in February. Reubens wouldn’t reveal the director, but he said to expect a “huge announcement” next week. As previously reported, Judd Apatow will produce the movie.
Here’s our first look at Italian newcomer Lorenzo Richelmy exploring 13th century China. “Marco Polo,” which bows December 12 on Netflix, also stars Benedict Wong, Joan Chen, Chin Han, Zhu Zhu, Olivia Cheng, Claudia Kim, Mahesh Jadu, Tom Wu, Remy Hii, Uli Latukefu and Rick Yune. Keeping with its international flavor, the 10-episode drama was shot in Italy, Kazakhstan and Malaysia. John Fusco created the series and is executive producer and showrunner along with Dan Minahan. “Kon-Tiki” helmers Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg — who are working on the fifth “Pirates Of The Caribbean” film — directed the first two hours and also serve as executive producers. It is produced by Netflix and The Weinstein Company.
Further proof no one is better at this game than Marvel: After the trailer for “The Avengers: Age of Ultron” wracked up more than 50 million views during its first week, a record for 2014, the studio found a way to get fans to watch the same thing all over again by including a special first look at “Age of Ultron” at its start. The sequence, teased at Comic-Con in July, shows various members of the Avengers trying to lift Thor’s hammer to almost no avail. (Captain America makes it wiggle, and that’s probably going to pay off in one of the 10 movies Marvel will release between “Age of Ultron” and 2020.) It’s fun! Then Ultron shows up and things get weird.
Not to be outdone by DC Comics and Warner Bros., Marvel Studios and Disney set release dates for eight films on Tuesday, including new standalone features for Black Panther (played by Chadwick Boseman), Captain Marvel (the studio’s first female superhero movie) and the Inhumans. Marvel also announced that the third and final “Avengers” film will actually get split into two parts: “Marvel’s The Avengers: Infinity War Part 1″ will be out on May 4, 2018 and “Part 2″ will be out on May 3, 2019. Also coming: a third and presumably final Thor movie, and the official date for “Doctor Strange.”
Taylor Kitsch is pretty confident he’s in “True Detective” season 2, though HBO still won’t confirm his deal is done. The “Lone Survivor” actor told AdWeek that he “can’t f–king wait to hit camera” on the acclaimed crime drama, which is supposed to start shooting next month.
Benedict Cumberbatch is a superhero now. According to Deadline.com, Cumberbatch is in “final negotiations” to play Doctor Strange for Marvel in a new movie about the Sorcerer Supreme. HuffPost Entertainment contacted representation for Cumberbatch to see if they had any comment on the report; this post will be updated if and when they respond.
The Neil Patrick Harris variety show for which Americans have hoped and prayed is finally happening. Vulture has learned NBC has landed the actor/author/all-around host with the most to headline a U.S. version of “Saturday Night Takeaway,” the long-running U.K. variety show format produced by U.K.-based production company ITV. We hear multiple broadcast networks actively bid for the rights to land the Harris-hosted series, with ITV asking networks to agree to an on-the air, ten-episode order for the project. In addition, two sources tell us ITV was asking for a price tag north of $2.5 million for each hourlong episode (and that’s before the substantial marketing and promotion such a project demands). The Harris show (which will not be called “Saturday Night Takeaway” or air on Saturdays) is also expected to originate from New York, logical given the actor’s roots in the city. “As I watched the show, I couldn’t stop smiling. Now that I’ve seen many seasons, my face hurts. It’s a game changer,” said Harris. “Nothing like this has been done before, and it’s unique structure fits right into my random skill set. I can’t wait to roll up my sleeves and have some fun!”
Drake’s had a pretty quiet year. To be fair, “quiet” is a relative term for on of the most overexposed rappers in the industry, but fans have had little to chew on as they pine for his new album, “Views From The 6,” which is due next year. Earlier this week, a song rumored to be from the record—“How Bout Now”—leaked. Most copies were taken down immediately, but take heart: to thwart hackers, Drake’s dropped not just that song but two others—“6 God” and “Heat of the Moment.”